12 in 2012
D’oh. (geddit??! geddit??!!)
I’ve written this post a few times over the last month. And lost it all twice. It’s been driving me nuts. Gah! Anyway. Onwards and upwards.
I’ve been giggling at all the posts I’ve seen online where people say, ‘I don’t usually make resolutions, buuuuuuuuuttttt….’ because that’s what I often say. And yet, I make resolutions just about every year. I’ve tried having just one or three. I’ve tried making them super simple or super complicated. Partnering with someone else and other ways to keep myself accountable… and still my general sense is that I usually don’t keep them. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but it’s how I feel about it.
This year is chock full of big plans and ideas though, so I’m trying something different. First, I’ve got my word for the year. Now, here’s a short list of 12 related goals for this year. One for each month seems fair and somewhat surmountable. And we’re already done with January!! Eeek!!
1. Sort out my office. Once and for all. This means actually setting it up so it works for me and clearing everything else out.
2. Purge. Start with my office and then go room to room until I’ve been through the whole house. There’s stuff I already know is ready to be passed on or tossed. It’s just a matter of, well, passing it on or tossing it! 😀
3. Decide on, map out and launch some ideas like beginning photography workshops, Q&A’s and connecting with local vendors.
4. Write more. About parenting, feminism, social justice…. whatever strikes my fancy. Here and everywhere.
5. Shoot three personal projects. Start to finish.
6. Print albums for HRG. Year 0, 1, 2, 3.
7. Meditate for 30 consecutive days and have a releasing ritual at the end.
8. Walk four days a week, for the whole year.
9. Take HRG to a museum or gallery, at least once a month.
10. Eat out less than once a month for the whole year. Eat more veggies and fruit, less processed foods, more water.
11. Visit a state park every week.
12. Give myself a treat once a week.
This is the final list I’ve come up with. Pretty broad but I’m going with it. Lots of list making and plotting and planning this year. I got kinda lax with it last year and I think it made a difference.
Will be coming back to this list to share how I’m going with it. And I’m linking up with a few other bloggers that I adore to keep myself accountable. How about you?